The following outlines key measures Riverside International Speedway is taking for 2020 in consideration of COVID-19. While these measures will help keep our guests (spectators and race teams) protected from COVID-19, the ultimate responsibility is on each guest to make smart, safe, and healthy decisions in planning to attend and while at our events.
- The grandstand area will be divided into five separate zones of 250 people each (less than 20% capacity).
- Each zone will have its own entry/exit, washrooms, and seating.
- Indoor public areas will be restricted to a limited number of people at one time.
- Guests must remain in the zone they are ticketed for.
You MUST NOT attend if you…
- Are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Have been diagnosed with or exposed to someone diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the event.
- Have travelled outside the Atlantic Bubble within the 14 days prior.
- Have been advised by the public health authorities, or are required to self-isolate, in the 14 days prior to the event.
- Guests will be required to make the above declarations at time of ticket purchase.
You SHOULD NOT attend if you…
- Are at high-risk for severe health issues.
Anyone not adhering to COVID-19 protocols and policies will be asked to leave.
- Guests are required to acknowledge and agree to COVID-19 protocols and public health requirements.
COVID-19 Prevention Supplies
- Hand sanitizer will be available at numerous locations throughout the facility
- Guests should bring their own face masks and personal COVID-19 prevention supplies
- Admission tickets will be sold in advance online; ticket delivery will be digital.
- Please keep your eTicket with you at all times while on-site.
- Contact information will be collected in case tracing is necessary by Public Health.
Seating, Bench Seats (All General Admission)
- Rows available for seating, to allow distancing, will be marked.
- Pre-determined family and social groups of up to 10 people can sit together without having to maintain physical distance within their group.
- Each group must be separated by at least two meters/six feet.
- If you need to leave your seat during the event use the row ahead of or behind yours in order to maintain distance from others.
- Re-entry is discouraged in order to keep guest movement to a minimum; please take everything you need for the show at the time of first entry.
Pit Area/Infield Access
- Guest access to the pit area will be limited to race team members only.
- Fans must maintain a minimum two meter/six foot distance at all times from anyone who is not in their close family or social group while on Riverside property; this includes the parking lot, to and through their dedicated zone entrance and exit, while seated, going to and from washrooms, and any line ups they may incur while on-site.
- Guests are required to wear a face mask at all times except when seated with their personal group.
- If you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons you will need to submit an official letter from your doctor in advance, for approval.
- During the event, re-entry will be permitted until 30 laps remain in the feature race; after that there will be no re-entry.
- Guests who exit prior to the conclusion of the event should exit in an orderly fashion, and properly distanced.
- At the conclusion of the event guests must exit as directed by staff, maintaining two-meter distance from others.
Handicap/ Disability Access (Blue Zone)
- The Barrier Free Viewing area is located in the Blue Zone.
- A limited number of golf carts will be available in this zone only for those who need help getting to their seat; rides must wear face masks.
- Canteens will be open with a new operator for 2020; details TBA.
Smoking – Purple Zone Only
- There will be a designated area for smoking in the Purple Zone; no smoking in the grandstand.
- No backpacks, coolers or cooler bags.
- Food and/or non-alcoholic beverages can be carried in using a transparent bag measuring no larger than 36cm x 36cm (14″ x 14″).
- All bags are subject to inspection at entry; the clear bag will allow contactless inspection.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- Venue will be cleaned and sanitized regularly, frequently for high touch-point and traffic areas.
If You Become Unwell While On-Site
- You should remain in your seat and call the number which will be advertised on race day; an attendant will come to you for assessment.