2012 Celebrity Guest Driver NASCAR’s Joey Logano
We are proud to announce Joey Logano, one of NASCAR’s brightest young stars, as the celebrity guest driver of the 2012 Cat Car for Kids in the IWK 250.
Logano is the youngest winner in two of NASCAR’s top three divisions (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series, and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series). 2012 has proven to be a stellar year for the young driver with his scorecard including…
- One NASCAR Sprint Cup Series win – Pocono (June 10)
- One NASCAR Sprint Cup Series pole – Pocono (June 9)
- Five NASCAR Nationwide Series wins – California, Talladega, Darlington, Dover, Pocono – the most of anyone (year-to-date)
Logano, now 22, started racing at six years of age driving quarter-midgets in his home state of Connecticut. He raced and won in several divisions as he honed his talents. 2008 was a marquis year for Logano with his first starts in all three of NASCAR’s top divisions: Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series. His first Nationwide win was in 2008 and his first Cup win in 2009.
Joey Logano’s Pre-NASCAR Accomplishments
- 1997 – Eastern Grand National Champion, Jr. Stock Car Division
- 1998 – Jr. Honda Division Champion
- 1999 – Lt. Mod. (2), Sr. Stock, & Lt. B. Division Champion (4)
- 2000 – Bandolero Bandits Division Champion (with a 14-race winning streak)
- 2001 – Lions National Champion
- 2002 – Pro Legends National Champion
- 2003 to 2006 – Mulit-time winner: FASCAR Pro Truck Series, USAR Hooters Pro Cup Series
- 2007 – Mulit-time winner: NASCAR Camping World East Series; Winner: Toyota All-Star Showdown
- 2008 – Winner: ARCA ReMax Series at Rockingham (series debut)
About the IWK 250 The 2012 edition of our marquis event is set for July 19-21.
About the Cat Car for Kids The Cat Car for Kids is presented by Atlantic Cat. Now in its fourth year the program provides an integral link between the IWK 250 and the IWK Health Care Centre with a pre-race visit to the hospital by the celebrity driver of the car, and the car. Patients and their families are invited to sign the race car as co-sponsors of it along with Atlantic Cat. The event has become one of the premiere in-house annual attractions at the facility.
About the IWK The IWK Health Centre, while located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is an essential resource for women, children, youth and families from across the Maritimes and beyond. Each year, thousands of Maritime children and women come to the IWK requiring emergency care, surgery for critical illnesses, and inpatient care for ongoing medical conditions.
About Steve Lewis Auto Body Steve Lewis Auto Body is located on Beech Street in Sydney. The company is in their 32nd year of business and proud to support many community and charitable efforts, including a 14-year involvement with the IWK. Call them at 902.539.2848.